Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I stopped being scared and gave in!

I swear I’ve been hit on guys from places like my niece’s daycare all the way to guys in the strip club. ( I know what you’re thinking! Elle, are you a stripper for your side gig? The answer is no, not at all! But I may frequent them for entertainment purposes from time to time!) After being fed up with the dating game I figured it was time to change it up a little bit. Why not try internet dating? What do I really have to do lose?
I finally got brave and decided to check out Match. Com. Why Match.com you ask? Well.  Everyone I know seems to know at least one person that has had some success with the site. I even know someone that has had such success with the site that he even found his wife on there, so I figured, why not give it a whirl? My thought is, internet dating gives you the chance to meet people that you probably wouldn’t meet under normal circumstances. As in, if you like the museum, you and the person that you run into on match.com, may not necessarily go to the same museum that you like, so this just might give you that chance.
Now I know what you’re thinking. Internet dating is for ugly people, right?! Not necessarily! I don’t think I’m that ugly and after doing a little research I found a low profiled celebrity that met her mate on match.com too! Can we say Ricki Lake and Jenny Mccarthy? 
I told one of my girlfriends about it and she told me to do a trial run for a week. After a 15 minute google session of locating a password to get the fee waived for a week, I was  kind of intrigued. I kept thinking, these guys have to be worth something if they are willing to actually subscribe to a dating site!  Of course the first day I find a guy that is absolutely gorgeous! I messaged him ( did you think I wasn’t going to?) but, have yet to hear anything back. As a matter of fact, I messaged a few guys. I’m actually starting to think that they put some of these guys pictures just to reel women like me in! 

Even though I have lots to say (clearly) I got all discombobulated when it came time for to put something fancy together for that whole "description of me/what do you want" section. I just made it short and sweet. Then I only posted one picture. I didn't want to give them too much. 
The site is pretty thorough and they try pretty hard to match you with someone that has interests very close to your own. They do daily matches for and you can see who winked at you so you can then decipher if you actually want to communicate with them or not. What beats that? What I like most is how I get to ignore ugly men that message me! In person when you meet an ugly guy, you have to be nice and let them down gently of fear of being punched in face (don't act like you don't know men are sensitive!), but with internet dating, you can just press delete and ignore them! it doesn't get any better than that. I like having complete control of the situation.

The best part is, you do not have to feel pressured to give your number out! yet again, if you lose interest, delete and ignore! No sense in dragging it out if they can't even hold a decent conversation via email. 

All in all, I'm interested to see how this goes, but, I have been chatting the two guys and they seem pretty decent thus far. Im excited to keep you posted.

Are you interested in internet dating? Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment