Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Where were you?

I looked up and actually stopped and remembered what today was. Not that it was going to slip my mind, but, just to see it on the calendar, always makes a difference.

I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when everything happened.

I was in the first semester of my freshman year of college. It was a Tuesday morning, and I woke to get to my early English literature class. Normally, every morning, my roommate and I turn the television on MTV and listen to music videos while we get ready for class, but,  not this morning. I remember walking to class and it was quieter than usual on campus. Normally, walking to class is like is trying walk 8am rush hour in New York, but this morning it was like a ghost town. 

I get to class, and the professor isn't there; which is particularly odd since he was very much so always on time. A few more of my classmates trickle in and just as we are about to implement the "15 minute rule" one of my classmates rushes into class with this look on her face that was if she had seen a ghost. She then tells the small group of us, that a plane just flew straight into the twin towers. 

After that everything seems like a blur. I remember class being cancelled. I remember walking to the student union and all the televisions playing the same thing. I remember just staring at the screens trying to comprehend why on earth two planes would fly into those buildings; and then I remember the buildings crashing to the ground. 

After that, I just couldn't watch anymore. It was just depressing. There were people in there. All I could do was pray for the victims and their families. I called my mom at work, after many failed attempts since all phones that day were clearly going haywire, and just tried to check up on my other friends and family that weren't in arms reach of me. 

Ill definitely continue to remember this day forever.

Where were you on 9/11. What were you doing? How did is effect you?

No comments:

Post a Comment