Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Just When I Thought It Was Over

Ever had a boyfriend that you thought  you finally got rid of and that chapter of your life was over?

A few years ago, like 3-4 years ago to be a little more precise, I went on vacation with my friends and met this gorgeous guy named Sean. He was from New York and had the most addictive New York accent. Since I met him on my vacation, and since I lived in Texas and he lived in New York, I figured we would only speak to each other for a very short period of time before we lost contact. None of that happened! He held on for nice period of time! Who’d have thought that would happen?
The long distance thing was completely sucking, but we talked and emailed often, so it didn’t seem that bad. Eventually, he decided he was going to come on down to Texas (keep in mind, this is all his idea). He met my friends and my family and I was just too happy.
Ironically, I had family that lived in New York so, he invited me up for the week of Thanksgiving to see him. As a respectable lady, I refused to stay with him and opted to stay with my family the entire length of my stay. Thanksgiving day rolls around and he comes and spends the day with me.
The next day we’re supposed to be spending time together and hanging out. I call. No Answer. I text. No Answer. I left a voicemail. No call back-EVER. Naturally, I’m upset and in tears. But, I let it go and did not contact him again after that day.( I did start sending him snail mail of religious cards because I figured there was an emergency and a reason why he could not just bring himself to talk to me so he needed prayer)
6 months later I get a call. He never explains himself. Never mentions the situation, and just acts like nothing happened. I was sweet and kind and never mentioned it (because of course I'm plotting on how I'm going to pour salt on the wound) and we kept in contact about every other month after that. I already knew he wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed.
Fast forward to this Saturday night. I receive a text message that says:
                “Hello chicas! This is Sean’s girlfriend. Some of you may know him as Frank. It seems that this dirty asshole has been actively pursuing quite a few of you. After 3 ½ years of his bullshit,  I face the inevitable realization that he is a dog trying to stick his little dick in every open hole. He is a sad little boy who at 34 years old still refuses to mature. I hope none of you expect much out of him. His boring ass is incapable of fidelity. I would love to know how long he’s been bullshitting me. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.”
This text was sent in a group text with 10 other phone numbers attached. All of them visible for my viewing pleasure!
When I received this, I was not surprised in the least. I knew something in the milk was not clean when he stood me up in New York! I figured he had to be full of lies and deceit!
Before I post what happened after this, what do you think I should have done? How should I have responded to this madness? Should I even be upset? Does this even deserve a response? What would you have done if this was you?

No comments:

Post a Comment