Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sometimes I Should Shut Up

Apparently, I need to think before I text.

Texting a close friend at work ( I know, I know, but I was on my lunch break), and somehow I ended up expressing my feelings about her ex. Which really isn't too much of her ex, especially since they are probably still doing it each other. Over the course of the conversation I managed to text, you're too good for him. Period.  Of course this leads into a a lengthy text conversation forcing me to explain. 

In short, I expressed how I didn't like how he has treated her and her feelings and there's no excuse for him leading her on, making her think that he was going to divorce the wife that he's currently separated from-After, they were seeing each other for a year. Now granted, I've met the guy. He's a nice dude over all, BUT, I hate seeing my friends upset due to the insensitivity and inconsideration of someone else. Now yes, there are many many holes in this story that I'm not trying to expound on at the moment, however, I'm sure you've already painted a pretty picture of how this whole situation has gone.

Keep in mind, some how, she managed to squeeze in how he's made progress and bunch of other statements that I don't care to recall, but in my head, all I can think of is that, actions speak louder than words. Seems like, if he was serious about the situation, all this would be easy, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

However, through this whole text fiasco, I'll take the blame, being that, sometimes I should just shut up. my friendship with her is way more important. 

How would you handle this situation? If you had a friend who you saw had their feelings hurt and receive disappointment, how would you try to get them away from an emotional situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment