Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Match.com Date

Remember how I talked about finally being brave enough to check out Match.com? Well, this weekend I got even more brave and even went on a date with a guy from Match.com! Even better,  he's a fireman! I've always wanted to date a fireman!

On Match, you can “wink” at someone as your way of letting them know that you’re interested, before actually attempting to send something semi-reasonable and borderline corny to their inbox. (In facebook lingo, it would be “poking” someone, but not nearly as annoying).
He winks at me, and I wink back and I muster up the balls to actually send him something that wasn’t corny (and I am corny so I’m not quite sure how what I sent, wasn't corny) . I’m pretty sure I asked him where he was from or how long he’d lived here; something that would force him to write something back to me. He writes me back and we do this back and forth game and he finally gives me his number and puts the ball in my court. (granted, if this was face to face, I’d probably be salty as he should have asked me for my number, but since email has no real tone, I didn’t think anything of it).
I had an extremely long day Saturday, but he seemed pretty together, so I texted him and we went back and forth for a couple hours and he finally got the balls to call me! ( you wouldn’t believe how I squealed like a school girl when his number popped up! You would swear I was 16 again and made everyone in the house shut up so I could sound cool!)
We chatted for a good 30 minutes to an hour and we really hit it off and seemed to have a lot in common. He really took it to the next level and asked me out to dinner! I was UBER impressed! (Since normally I’m like, uh, can we do something a little more creative instead of stuff our faces?) So we met up Saturday evening at Oddfellows (because I’m no fool, we need to be in a public place) and it was a very nice yet still casual first date.
Granted, he did not look like the picture he had posted online. The picture online was obviously a younger photo of him from college but I let him slide since my picture wasn’t exactly the most recent. He did favor his picture but older and more muscular (which I LOVED and I always wanted to date a hot fireman anyway!)  I will say though, that he got major kudos for telling me that pictures do me no justice and that I’m amazing in person.The conversation was very light and fun. We joked a lot, which I enjoyed ( I hate it when guys are too serious and don’t have a goofy side! I’m like uh… do you know who you’re talking to right now? My favorite movie is Ace Ventura: Pet Detective).
We didn’t make it a long night and he was very gentleman-ly ( is that even a word? Probably not, I bet I made it up). He pulled my chair out, opened the door for me, paid the tab etc (in short, all the things a man is supposed to do that he should not be getting credit for)  and most importantly, DID NOT GO IN FOR A KISS when he walked me to my car. (that’s nasty, mono is real. I don’t kiss folks in the mouth all willy nilly) He sooooooo would have gotten his feelings hurt if he did try that! He got a light one armed hug (because I didn’t want to press my boobies against him so he can inhale the scents that make me wonderful)  and we went our separate ways.
He texted me when he got home to make sure I got home safely (although I went to a party afterwards- but that’s another story). I appreciated the fact that he was just checking on me. We texted the next day and actually I can’t wait to go out with him again! He’s a cool dude!
Here’s the question: where should we go on our next date? He’s pretty much open to  just about anything I want to do, so I should certainly make it a good one! Any suggestions? I definitely want something interactive!

No comments:

Post a Comment