Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Date #2

Date #2
After being pleased with my first date with the fireman, I decided to give the second date a go. He let me call the shots with the first date and let me choose the place so, for the second date; I made sure to let him make the call.
Initially, we were supposed to get together around lunch time, but I ended up having to do a favor for a friend and had to bail, however, I did make it a point to let him know that I hadn’t forgotten about him and our plans and texted him. After receiving no response whatsoever via text, I gave him call. Silly me, I forgot that he was studying all day since he’s in school to be a paramedic. Of course he picked up with the quickness when he saw me calling though!
After going back and forth about what we were going to do, he finally made a decision. He decided that we were going to go to Macaroni Grill and then go to the movies.
I was kind of excited about going to the Macaroni Grill since I had never been there before AND he remembered that I had been wanting to see Paranormal Activity 4 so I was uber ecstatic! (yay for guys that pay attention!)
I sure was NOT comfortable with him picking me up at my house just yet (he does not need to know where I live just yet), so I met him at the restaurant. He was waiting outside for me (which made me a little happy on the inside especially since, if it was me, I’d be waiting on the inside at the bar, in the warmth) and gave me a big hug when he saw me. We go in and get seated and because I tend to be subconsciously observant, I noticed the server was super cute. (I know, really? Elle? I have got to do better and focus on more important things) I was super overwhelmed with all the wonderful options so when I asked the server his option, he made it a point to go through just about every single option on the menu. I have reason to believe that he was flirting with me but I tried my best to play it off and shoo him away subtly in front of my date.
I couldn’t tell you the name of what I ordered but, it was grilled something with lettuce and angel hair pasta. The conversation was great and I got a little more insight on he, and his family, and his 4 other siblings. (Why does that seem like a lot of siblings to me?) Amazingly, they all seem pretty normal. The do lots of “family like” stuff like my family do and seem to have traditions and things that they do around the holidays, which I REALLY like! 
After dinner we left and we went to the movies. I’m a nerd and I like scary movies. Not blood and gore and guts, but scary movies that give you the willies and make you want to figure out how they created the effects. I’ve seen Paranormal Activity 1-3, so seeing Paranormal Activity 4 was an absolute must! We watched it and the movie didn’t make me jump throughout the movie as the other 3, but the last 20 minutes was certainly a clincher! (Getting to jump back and squeeze his hand when I got “scared” was a super bonus too, as I also got to practice my surprised yet pleasantly scared facial expressions)
When the date ended, he walked me to my car and no way did we kiss in the mouth. I haven’t even kissed him on the cheek. A hug is sufficient at this point. I most definitely want to see him again though. He seems like he’s genuinely a good guy!  Maybe he and I could find something fun to do for Halloween? I'm definitely taking suggestions on that!
My next project is to pick a date (since I assume it will be my turn to choose), that does not involve eating but more physical activity like rock climbing or arts and crafts or something. I don’t want to break the bank though. Dating gets expensive and I think the right thing for me to do would be for me to come up with something and actually pay for it so he's not always stuck out.
What kind of date could I take us on that’s fun and different and is cost effective? Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment