Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Help! I'm not attracted to him!

Ever met guy that has the complete package?

How's this description for you:  Kind, considerate, sweet, goal orientated, and has a stable job. Involved in the community. Owns a large 3 story home with pool and service quarters in the backyard that he's actually renting out. Loves to travel to exotic places. Very open to trying new things. He has a great relationship with his family. Sounds like a prince right?

Too bad you have no attraction to him whatsoever!

Has this ever happened to any of you? This has happened to me  and my girlfriends one too many times. At some point I started to think that something was wrong with us!

My friend JJ, met this guy named Beal. He had everything listed in the description above. Too bad, she had no attraction to this guy whatsoever. He took her on great dates and provided good conversation. Technically, she should be in love with him, right? He liked her bunches! If only it was that cut and dry.

Although my friend JJ was having a great time with him, she knew it was going no where after about the 4th date. She did make an honest attempt to be friends with him though. I mean, a girl has to keep a plethora of social options available, right? After she slapped him into the friend zone , he decides to have a small house party. He of course invites her, and she lets the wheels start turning in her head. She thinks, he's not cute and  I have no attraction to him whatsoever, but maybe he has cute friends! Why not bring my friends to meet his friends? Smart right?!

We go the party. Cute guy friends indeed were there. I do get approached  by one, and I'm thinking yay! Go me! I go on a date with the guy, and come to realize, this guy is not nearly as cute as I thought he was! Curse the effects of meeting a guy in a dimly lit house!

The same thing that happed to my friend JJ, is the same thing that happened to me! Good qualities, good dates, good conversation, no attraction to the guy whatsoever. Now granted, this man looked at me constantly like, "Damn! How the hell did I catch her?" And I was fully aware of how he felt. I even tried to force my feelings, but it was right up there with shoving a square peg into a round hole. He got slapped into the friends zone as too.

Regardless of what anyone says, you cannot make yourself be attacted to someone. Trust me. I tried. I know JJ tried, but it just wasnt happening. You can't force it, even if you want to.

If someone offered to pay me though, I'd be really open to faking it.

Has this ever happened to you? Have you ever dated someone that you wanted to like really bad, but you just couldn't? Even if they really like you?

No comments:

Post a Comment