Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Forgot to mention

I left out a very vital detail of my weekend. In an attempt to move past the intense emotional incapacitation (is that even a word?) from last week, I went on a date Friday night! It was a guy that I had been knowing a while, that apparently had been feeling me, so he invited me out. Even though, I was not remotely close to being ready to move on, I figured anything was better than sitting at home on a Friday night feeling sorry for myself and my lost love.

Since I had already  been knowing him, I allowed him to actually come to my house and pick me up. I never do that! Talk about a step in the right direction! He had only been to this area in Dallas called the Bishop Arts District once, so he wanted to walk around there and check other restaurants. We ended up going to one of my favorite places out there called Bolsa.

Now... this guy is very open. Open as in, he is open to trying just about anything once. Still unclear on what that means? Let me give an example. He was trying to encourage me to try ostrich meat. I don't even know where you find ostrich meat, but he went on and on about how good it was! When we were at Bolsa, and he wanted to try the rabbit sausage, I was not surprised! Because I'm a good sport, and I'm pretty open to trying almost anything new, I went for it. Was it nasty? Not at all. In all actuality, it was quite tasty. It looked and tasted like Eckrich turkey sausage. Go figure huh? ( I was glad too, since everyone swears that most "other" meats taste like chicken)

I think I was most excited that he was a wine drinker. As I have learned in the past, let the man do his thing and take control unless instructed otherwise, he picked a damn good Chardonnay!

The conversation was great and he certainly kept my mind off of TP for that evening.How about the next day, he met me for brunch and then volunteered to go Christmas shopping with me! I thought I was hallucinating! He was actually quite helpful too! I picked out some great  gifts for my family!

 I'm not healed from "him" but I feel like I am moving int he right direction with making sure I stay busy and meeting other people. I'm praying on forgiving myself for all the things that I didn't do so that the guilt won't eat me up, but to also forgive him for all the things that he did to me in the past. I never completely let that go, and I'm pretty sure that's a huge part of why he and I couldn't get too far.I think if I can forgive myself and him, a lot of the pain and sorrow would be alleviated.

Will I go out with this new guy again! I sure would like to!

No comments:

Post a Comment