Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Don't be scared!

How often do you put yourself out there?

In life, yes, but more so in your dating life. Do you take chances? Do you try enough new things just to say that you tried it?

With my current boyfriend, I would definitely say that I put myself out there. We met 7 years ago. Basically, we overlooked each other and suddenly became a thing of the past, but for whatever reason, he never really left my mind. I always felt like he should see me one last time just so that I would know whether or not he and I were meant to be together.

What's the worst that could happen? We're not meant to be together and in the future I end up meeting someone that I was meant to be with, right? (Lucky for me, it worked out in my favor! Yippee skippee!)

I was thinking about how I took a chance, and put myself out there and how well it worked out for me. Then I wondered, how many women, choose to not  do that because they're scared. Sure, rejection is scary, but it's scary for everyone. It's a part of life, but, if you don't try something, you won't know the outcome .

I'm always an advocate for using your pretty. I can't even count how many times I've gone somewhere with my friends and we met some random guys at a bar or a restaurant etc and just strike up a random conversation. Normally, it's not a love connection, but who doesn't like good conversation and meeting new people... or even free food and drinks? Being a woman is super easy in that aspect as to where there is always some guy that is willing to pick up a tab for a pretty lady if she's just nice and fun to talk to.

I mean.. why not put yourself out there? What else do you have to lose? Don't be scared! Life is too short for that.

When was the last time you put yourself out there to meet someone or try something new?

No comments:

Post a Comment